1. Personal Information to be acquired
Meiko Network Japan Co., Ltd., bond, Inc., and soeasy Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Service Providers”), which provide services of Japany, consider information that can be used to identify specific individuals to be personal information. When a customer applies for the use of Japany services, the Service Provider obtains the personal information entered on the application by the customer when applying for use of the Japany services, including the learner’s name, address, telephone number, email address and other contact information, gender, nationality, personal history, results of the certification examination, record of learning guidance, name of a family member, name and contact information of the representing the customer, and other information, as well as personal information provided to the Service Providers.
2. Purpose of use
The Service Providers will use the personal information acquired from customers to achieve the following purposes.
- (1)To provide the Japany services, including learning guidance, records of guidance, reports on the status of learning, career counseling, tabulation and management of students, and invoicing work within the Japany services provided by the Service Providers.
- (2)To provide information and services on products and courses concerning the learning support provided by the Service Providers.
- (3)Marketing activities (asking for cooperation in questionnaire surveys), surveys on educational awareness, customer tendency analyses, surveys on learning outcomes, and other surveys and analyses concerning (1) and (2) above.
- (4)To respond to questions.
3. Provision to third parties
The Service Providers may, to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use described in 2 above, provide personal data concerning the personal information provided by the customer about the learner and the representative of the customer to the affiliate companies of the Service Providers Company, testing companies and educational material companies located in Japan and overseas, and video production companies. The Service Providers will not disclose nor provide personal data without prior consent from the subject person, except to the extent permitted by law.
The Service Providers may, for the purpose of providing better services and to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use described in 2 above, subcontract the personal information provided by the customer about the learner and the representative of the customer to a subcontractor located in Japan or overseas and provide personal data to that subcontractor. When providing personal data to the subcontractor, a subcontractor that appropriately handles personal information will be selected, and the matters necessary for appropriate management by the subcontractor will be agreed upon with the subcontractor, and efforts will be made to protect the customer’s personal information.
The Service Providers will share the personal information provided by the customer about the learner and the representative of the customer received by each Service Providing Company, as well as other personal information of the learner and the representative of the customer possessed by each Service Provider, mutually among the Service Providers and their affiliate companies to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use described in 2 above. A person in charge of the personal data management concerning sharing will be appointed by each Service Provider, so customers may contact each Service Provider with any inquiries concerning the personal information provided to the Service Provider.
6. Anonymized information
The Service Providers may, after implementing the appropriate protective measures to make personal information about the learners and the representative of the customer unable to be used to identify specific individuals or restorable, create anonymized information and provide it to a third party to the extent permitted by law.
(1)How anonymized information is created
- ①Delete the descriptions included in the personal information that can be used to identify a specific individual
- ②Delete all of the individual identification codes
- ③Delete any codes that link the personal information with the information obtained after taking these measures for the personal information
- ④Delete any unique descriptions
- ⑤Other appropriate measures
(2)Items included in the anonymized information
- ①Individual attribute information (gender, age group, prefecture of residence, nationality, length of stay, occupation, and history of learning Japanese)
- ②Information about the learning outcomes (changes in performance, test results, and certification examination results)
(3)Provision of anonymized information to third parties
The purpose of provision of anonymized information created by the Service Providers to third parties, items included in the anonymized information and the method of provision are as follows:
|①Items:||Items described in (2) -① and ② above|
|②Method of provision:||Encrypted data file provided by secure means.When providing information, the fact the information is anonymized will be clearly indicated to the recipient.|
7. Handling of personal information
The Service Providers will implement organizationally and technically reasonable prevention and correction measures in order to protect the personal information provided by the customer about the learner and the representative of the customer from the risks of unauthorized access, loss, damage, and leakage.
8. Compliance with laws
The Service Providers will comply with the laws regarding personal information protection and, at the same time, continuously review and improve the personal information protection system in line with any changes in the environment.
The Service Providers will respond to inquiries concerning personal information. To request disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of personal information about the learner and representative of the customer possessed by each Service Provider, customers may contact the inquiry desk of each Service Provider. When doing so, please note that you may be required to present the necessary documents in order to confirm that you are the learner or representative of the customer concerning the subject personal information.
- 【Inquiry desk】
- Meiko Network Japan Co., Ltd.
- Address: Sumitomo Fudosan Nishi-Shinjuku Bldg. 7-20-1 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku Ward, Tokyo160-0023 Japan
- Telephone: +81-3-5332-7591
- Reception hours: 10:00–18:00 (closed on Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, and New Year Holidays)